Fix Google Drive: You Can’t View Or Download The File Error
Google Drive is like a home to backup any folders and files to the cloud. Nowadays, we always prefer to share, download as well as upload the files to our friends, family, clients or to the public, and Google Drive is just one way of doing so. The user of the Google Drive often faces so many errors such as ‘Sorry, you can’t view or download this file at this time’, ‘Network Failed’, ‘Download Blocked’, ‘Disk Full’, and so many others. If you are on the same condition and tired of finding the solutions to this error, then you just arrived at the right page. Here in this blog, we are going to present some possible fixes which can help you to fix the Google Drive errors. Hence, you are advised to go through the article thoroughly.
Easy Hacks to Fix the Google Drive Errors
It is risky to wait until the file becomes accessible again. If the file is removed in the meantime, then you will be unable to download the file anymore. In addition, if you need the file urgently or for any work-related tasks, then waiting is not a good option for you. There is a lot of ways that can help you to avoid the 24-hour limit of Google Drive. These processes depend on what error you face on the display. One of the most common error is ‘Sorry, you can’t view or download this file at this time.’ To fix this error, you need to follow the methods given below.
Stick to the steps given below to fix the ‘Sorry, you can’t view or download this file at this time’ error:
- At first, you need to find the ‘UC’ portion of the address of the Google Drive. Replace The ‘UC’ portion with ‘open’.
- Now, again you have to load the Drive address after replacing the ‘UC’ with ‘Open’ in the Drive’s address.
- As a result, it will load a new window at the top of the page.
- Then, you need to tap on the ‘add to my drive’ option. You will find this option on the top right corner of the display.
- Next, tap on the ‘add to my drive’ option for the second time to go to the storage of Google Drive in a different tab in the web browser.
- Now, you will able to view the locked file on Google Drive.
- Right-click on the option to choose it. Then click on the ‘make a copy’ option by navigating to the menu tab.
- Then, you have to choose the copy of the file by clicking right on the option.
- After that, click on the ‘download’ to download the file by going to the local system section.
This procedure makes a copy of the file on your personal Google Drive account. As an owner of those copied files, you can download the files to the local system. It runs only when you are logged in to the Google Account. In addition, as an owner, you are also responsible for any violations of policy or other problems linked with this file.
This ‘Sorry, you can’t view or download this file at this time’ error prevents the users of the Google Drive to download the shared file. A usable workaround which helps you to download the shared files is by exceeding the bandwidth restrictions of the Google Drive. To perform this, you need to follow the steps as follows:
- At first, you have to go to Google Drive. Then log in to the Google account.
- Open the link of the particular file that you are unable to download. Tap on the ‘Download’ button to redirect to the page which prompts the message ‘you can’t view or download this file at this time.’
- Edit the URL of the page by substituting the UC portion of the URL. After that, the URL will be ‘https://drive.google.com/open?id= instead of https://drive.google.com/uc?id=.’
- Now, you have to load the URL.
- Look at the upper right corner of the new page. There you will see a few buttons. Find the ‘Add to drive’ option from the page and click on it.
- Then, tap on the option ‘My Drive’ by going to the GD account page. Now you will be able to choose the file that you wish to download.
- Now, you need to right-click on the secured file which is not downloading. Then click on the option ‘Make a copy.’
- After that, you need to right-click on the copied file. Then, click on the ‘Download’ option by going to the context menu.
Now, it will store the downloaded file to such a location from where you can easily open it. This neat method can help you download the shared file otherwise formed by the quotes of Google Drive.
Additional Guide: Get Help with a Particular Error Message
Have a glance at the errors given below and follow the ways to fix them:
Error 1: Network failed
If you face the ‘NETWORK_FAILED’ error while trying to install something from the Web Store, then some undesired software can block the installation process.
To solve this error you should follow the steps as follows:
- At first, you have to remove the undesired software from your system. Then, you should try to install the theme, extension, or the application again.
- After that, if you still face trouble to install the theme, extension, or the application, then you need to reinstall the web browser that you are using.
Error 2: Download Blocked
This error indicates that the security setting of the system prevents the download of the file.
On Windows Operating System:
The Windows Attachment Manager could have eliminated the file that you are trying to download. To know why the file was prevented or what file you can download, you need to check the internet security setting of the Windows.
Error 3: No file or File missing
The ‘No file or File missing’ error indicates that you are trying to download a file which does not exist on the website or has been transferred to other fields of the website. Hence, you need to try to connect with the owner of the website to fix this error.
Error 4: Virus Scan Failed or Virus Detected
The ‘Virus scan failed or Virus detected’ error indicates that the virus or malware scanning software of your system might have prevented you to download a file. Hence, you need to check the virus-scanning program of your system to get a detailed idea of why the file was blocked. Sometimes, the Windows Attachment Administrator eliminates the file that you are trying to download on your Windows Operating System. To know why the file was prevented or what file you can download, you should check the internet security setting of your system.
Error 5: Disk Full
The ‘Disk Full’ error notification indicates that there is not sufficient space on the system to download the shared file. To solve this error, first, you need to remove some file from your system. In addition, you also need to empty the Trash of your Computer.
Error 6: Insufficient Permissions or System Busy
These errors indicate that your browser could not save the shared file to the computer. To fix this error, you need to perform the steps given below:
- At first, you have to cancel the download. Then you have to try again.
- Now, right-click on the download link instead of tapping on the shared file and choose the option ‘Save link as.’
- After that, you need to make sure that the downloaded files are placed on the system so that you can access them easily, like the Documents or Desktop folder. You can also modify the location of the downloaded files.
On the Whole
In the above blog, we have discussed some of the easiest ways to fix the Google Drive download file error. We hope if you perform the above steps in their respective order then it will definitely help you to put an end to this bug. After successfully performing the above methods if you still face any kinds of trouble then you need to contact a professional expert. In addition, you also can share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment section given at the end of this post.