Outlook mail is not just a free email client but it is more than that in today’s corporate world. It gives different combinations of jobs on a single platform including the address book, web browser, notebook, calendar, email manager, and so much more. It has also the features that defend it from the third-party warning and also help you to enhance the connectivity in cross platforms.
But, we know that the technology is just like a two-edged sword and every application must have its individual merits as well as demerits too. Hence, Outlook is not an exception from that. Nowadays, the user of the Outlook mail often faces some common error that prevents them to continue their work.
If you are a user of Outlook mail and unaware about the errors, then it might be difficult for you to fix them when you meet such a situation. So, you must need to know those specific errors and the ways to fix them. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss some common errors along with their solutions which can help you to continue your job without any flaws. So, let’s start.
Common Outlook Error and Easy ways to Resolve Them
Follow the points given below to know the error and the process to solve them.
Error 1: Outlook Error 0x8004011D
If there are any problems with the server of your system, then you can face this error notification. Follow the steps given below to solve this error:
- At first, go to the Exchange Manager.
- Then, you need to select the ‘Servers’ option.
- Enter the name of the Server in its specific field.
- Click on the ‘First storage group’ option.
- Now, you will see the Mailbox Store. Right-click on the option.
- Check if it dismounted. Then, choose the option ‘Mount store.’
Error 2: Outlook Error 0x800CCC0E
While configuring the email account in Outlook mail you can face this error. You also can meet this error while sending an e-mail. The main reason behind this problem is that the Outlook is not verifying the account on the server. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Outlook Account and click on the ‘Properties’ option. Choose the option ‘Servers.’
- Now, you have to tick the ‘My server requires authentification’ box.
- Enter your complete email id as well as the password in the specific field.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ option then ‘Accept’ button.
Error 3: Outlook Error 0x800CCC0D
This Outlook error 0x800CCC0D represents that the small email client is not able to locate the server. That’s why it is unable to build a connection. To fix such a problem, you need to perform the steps as follows:
- At first, go to the location where the saved Outlook.exe file is placed.
- Now, find the ‘scanpst.exe’ file. Double-click on the file. This is a built-in tool that can fix such corrupted files as well as retrieve the lost and missing data in the separate folder.
- After that, you have to repair the procedure by going to the folder where you stored the .PST file.
Error 4: Outlook Error 0x800CCC92
This error occurs while trying to receive an email. The corrupted .PST file is the main reason behind this error. Failure of the POP3 and STMP protocols of the server connection is also the reason behind this error. This error prevents the user to receive and send emails. To fix this error, you need to get help from the .PST repair tool.
Outlook PST is a repair tool that is specially designed to recover and repair data. If the error 0x800ccc92 is because of the corrupted PST file of the Outlook, then this is the easiest way to fix this error. Outlook PST repair tool also has the ability to recover the lost emails, contacts, as well as such files that are protected with the password.
Error 5: Outlook Error 0x80042109
Outlook error 0x80042109 is occurred mainly due to the incomplete installation of the Outlook application. To fix this error, you need to perform the steps given below:
- At first, you need to open the Outlook application.
- Go to the Tools.
- Hit on the ‘Account Settings’ option.
- Now, click twice on the email address.
- Go to the option ‘More Settings.’
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Set the SMTP port to 587 and then choose the option ‘TLS encryption.’
- Now, you have to confirm the selection and look for the changes.
Error 6: Outlook Error 0x8004210A
Outlook error 0x8004210A belongs to ‘The operation timed out while waiting for a response from the receiving server.’ This error usually occurs when you receive or send the emails in Outlook. To fix this error, you need to perform the steps given below:
- At first, open the ‘File’ menu. Then, hit on the ‘Account Settings’ option.
- Select your targeted account. Then, hit on the ‘Change’ button.
- Now, click on the ‘More Settings’ option on the next window.
- After that, the Windows will show the popup dialog. Go to the ‘Advanced’ tab. Now, you need to enhance the timeout of the server.
Error 7: Outlook Error 0x800CCC0B
If you are facing this error While sending the email, then you need to check the configuration of the server in Microsoft-Outlook. In this situation, the user becomes unable to send the email because of this error in Outlook. This is generally happening because of the incorrect SMTP server details. To fix this, follow the steps as follows:
- At first, go to the Tool menu and click on the option ‘Account Settings.’
- Select the option ‘Email.’ Click twice on the email id.
- Click on the ‘More Settings’ option.
- After that, you need to tick the ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ box.
- Now, the outgoing server needs the authentication.
Error 8: Outlook Error 0x80040119
Oversized and the corrupted .PST files are the main reason behind this error. If any programs delete any Outlook file, then you also can face this error. To fix this error, you need to follow the methods given below:
- Repair the registry entries of the system.
- Scan the system for any malware or virus.
- Update the Operating System of the PC.
- Restore the system to its earlier state.
- Reinstall the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Repair the corrupted .PST files with the help of ScanPST.exe file.
Error 9: Outlook Error 0x800CCC79
Outlook error 0x800CCC79 occurs due to the corrupted Windows registry. If you change any configuration setting, then you also can face this error. To fix this error, you need to perform the steps given below:
- Go to the Start menu.
- Then, type ‘command’ in the search bar.
- Hold the Ctrl and Shift key and hit the Enter from the keyboard.
- Windows will prompt a dialog box, click on the Yes button.
- Now, you will see a black box and the cursor will start to blink.
- Then, type ‘sfc/scannow.’ Hit the Enter.
- Now, the SFC will start to scan the system.
- Follow the on-screen guidance.
Error 10: Outlook Error 0x80042108
Secure Socket Layer is the main reason behind this error. It also might be the default gateway issue. To fix this error you need to perform the methods given below:
- Reinstall MS Office.
- Disable the antivirus software.
- Check the default gateway.
- Repair the damage system files.
In the above post, we have discussed some of the common Outlook errors along with their fixes that often encounter by several Outlook users. We hope, after going through the above post, you will aware of these common errors and become able to solve them at a short span of time.
After performing the above solution, if you still face any problem, then you need to contact a tech expert. Additionally, you can share your queries and your valuable feedback in the comment box given at the end of this post.